The Manager’s Office is the home of several great posts on motivating and leading your staff. Maintaining motivation amongst the staff is one of the most difficult challenges a manager faces. Being able to motivate your staff is based on knowing what does and does not motivate employees. A great wealth of information specifically written for restaurant managers is available on this site. The best way to keep up to date on future posts is to become a fan of this blog on facebook.
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Learning Restaurant Spanish (Nouns) June 2, 2010
- The Epiphany July 1, 2010
- Advice For A New Restaurant Manager January 18, 2013
- Was The 20/20 Restaurant Episode Fake? A View From The Cutting Room Floor November 21, 2012
- How To Hire Professional Restaurant Servers Fast September 10, 2012
- The Importance of Speed in Hiring Restaurant Servers July 2, 2012
- Six Dangers Of Restaurant Server Understaffing June 19, 2012
- Ina Stefanova: This is an excellent resource, David! I will defin...
- John Blackman: My first visit to this site and what a great lesso...
- Master_Rabbit: Here’s advice from a 10 year veteran. Try anot...
- Diogenes65: Yesterday afternoon my wife and I had a mediocre d...
- Gabriel Dashan: https://www.quora.com/How-much-does-a-1-hamburger-...
Search By Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.