(Updated 9/5/2011) This index is designed to put all of the information available at The Manager’s Office at your fingertips. Click on any of the links below to find the topic you are interested in. The best way to stay up to date on all posts on this blog is to become a fan on […]
Archive | Restaurant Industry Resources RSS feed for this section
If you are a manager, owner, or executive in the restaurant industry, there is a wealth of information available to make your restaurant more profitable. Learning from the experience and expertise of others can help your business thrive while avoiding costly missteps. Taking the time to read what others have to say is often seen […]
Late last week, I received an email from Jennie Berger at Lusid Media. She is casting for a new restaurant reality show. After a few emails back and forth, I decided to help her spread the word about this project. Maybe one of you might be exactly who she is looking for. Here are some […]
Recently, a website ranked the top 60 restaurant industry blogs. I was flattered that my old blog came in third. I also was flattered that other blogs I write came in eight, twenty fourth, and thirty fourth. Teleburst came in second and I cannot dispute that ranking at all. So You Want To Be A […]
This index is designed to put all of the information available at The Manager’s Office at your fingertips. Click on any of the links below to find the topic you are interested in. The best way to stay up to date on all posts on this blog is to become a fan on facebook. If […]
In my continuing attempt to find a good Monday feature, I have decided to share some of the more fun or interesting things I have read over the last week. I’m not really putting a minimum number of in because I don’t want to ever post filler. These are just random restaurant related articles that […]
So part of being the slightly neurotic blogger that I am is keeping an eye on what searches brought people here. Sometimes they are very specific searches. In those cases I stop and think, “Did I answer that?” For some I am convinced that I not only answered the question, but did so thoroughly. For […]
If you are taking the time to read this blog, a word of introduction may be in order. I took my first job waiting tables in 1995. In the years since I have worked for 13 different restaurant companies selling nearly every type of food in nearly every type of setting. I have been trained […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Learning Restaurant Spanish (Nouns) June 2, 2010
- The Epiphany July 1, 2010
- Advice For A New Restaurant Manager January 18, 2013
- Was The 20/20 Restaurant Episode Fake? A View From The Cutting Room Floor November 21, 2012
- How To Hire Professional Restaurant Servers Fast September 10, 2012
- The Importance of Speed in Hiring Restaurant Servers July 2, 2012
- Six Dangers Of Restaurant Server Understaffing June 19, 2012
- Ina Stefanova: This is an excellent resource, David! I will defin...
- John Blackman: My first visit to this site and what a great lesso...
- Master_Rabbit: Here’s advice from a 10 year veteran. Try anot...
- Diogenes65: Yesterday afternoon my wife and I had a mediocre d...
- Gabriel Dashan: https://www.quora.com/How-much-does-a-1-hamburger-...
Search By Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.