The restaurant industry has its own jargon. It may also have its own language. We have the titles we give positions and then we have the nicknames we use. Every back of the house employee in America has learned to answer to the nickname “ahneeda.” Not familiar with that name? Stop and count how many […]
Tag Archives | beginning inventory
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Learning Restaurant Spanish (Nouns) June 2, 2010
- The Epiphany July 1, 2010
- Advice For A New Restaurant Manager January 18, 2013
- Was The 20/20 Restaurant Episode Fake? A View From The Cutting Room Floor November 21, 2012
- How To Hire Professional Restaurant Servers Fast September 10, 2012
- The Importance of Speed in Hiring Restaurant Servers July 2, 2012
- Six Dangers Of Restaurant Server Understaffing June 19, 2012
- Franky Chen: Nice artice ! As a restaurant manager, it might be...
- Jose Morales: Nice read! ...
- Justin Hattenhauer: You are so awesome! I'm very thankful to have you...
- Camille Smith: I was just about to share this with you! You've ...
- Justin Hattenhauer: Taking over a new restaurant myself, I was very re...
Search By Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.