I have been writing a great deal lately about how Facebook can be a crucial part of your restaurant marketing plan. I released my ebooks last month explaining how to use Facebook to market your restaurant and take advantage of the new Facebook timeline. As I was telling a friend about this project, he told […]
Tag Archives | restaurant marketing
Recently, one of my favorite local restaurants had their Twitter account hacked. For the first couple of tweets and direct messages, I let them know. I posted on their Facebook wall after the third tweet went out to their followers. After days of this I noticed that other local foodies and bloggers were commenting on […]
(Updated 9/5/2011) This index is designed to put all of the information available at The Manager’s Office at your fingertips. Click on any of the links below to find the topic you are interested in. The best way to stay up to date on all posts on this blog is to become a fan on […]
If you are a manager, owner, or executive in the restaurant industry, there is a wealth of information available to make your restaurant more profitable. Learning from the experience and expertise of others can help your business thrive while avoiding costly missteps. Taking the time to read what others have to say is often seen […]
Recently, my favorite restaurant critic wrote a post about music at restaurants. In this post he recounts several restaurants that have made classic mistakes with their music selections. Some restaurants had the music far too loud. Other restaurants allowed their staff to select the music which led to some “interesting” selections. Judging from the reactions […]
In a previous post, I discussed the benefits of implementing Core Value Marketing as part of a successful growth strategy. This type of program creates a bond with your potential guests while providing tremendous opportunities for free publicity. Most importantly, it allows you to provide much needed support to organizations in your community that need […]
For years now restaurants have been instructed that marketing through social networks is the wave of the future. A second dot.com boom has surfaced with companies promising closer ties to consumers for restaurant owners. Social networking does provide a tremendous opportunity to restaurants that commit to successfully managing their online presence. The reason why this […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Learning Restaurant Spanish (Nouns) June 2, 2010
- The Epiphany July 1, 2010
- Advice For A New Restaurant Manager January 18, 2013
- Was The 20/20 Restaurant Episode Fake? A View From The Cutting Room Floor November 21, 2012
- How To Hire Professional Restaurant Servers Fast September 10, 2012
- The Importance of Speed in Hiring Restaurant Servers July 2, 2012
- Six Dangers Of Restaurant Server Understaffing June 19, 2012
- Ina Stefanova: This is an excellent resource, David! I will defin...
- John Blackman: My first visit to this site and what a great lesso...
- Master_Rabbit: Here’s advice from a 10 year veteran. Try anot...
- Diogenes65: Yesterday afternoon my wife and I had a mediocre d...
- Gabriel Dashan: https://www.quora.com/How-much-does-a-1-hamburger-...
Search By Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.